How to Create an Effective Dissertation Introduction
Most of us have experienced moments when trying to write our research papers. These frustrating moments probably occurred for a couple of reasons. It would be best if you always remembered that you should never be afraid to make mistakes. Writing a winning research paper entails a couple of practices before finally graduating. Here are some of the steps you must follow to create the best introduction that will hook your readers.
- Understand the purpose of your research paper – This part is essential because it allows you to define the aim of your dissertation. The best way to do this is to understand your purpose and know the audience of your study. Using a few general theories, you are then able to figure out the research techniques to use in your document.
- Choose the appropriate resources- Having a clear goal is the first step to success. This step will force you to look for relevant materials to use when writing your dissertation.
- Craft the body section- The body section is very crucial as it is where all the main ideas for the dissertation will be presented. It is where your ideas flow logically from one point to the other. Here, you have to prove that you have researched your topic thoroughly before writing the dissertation.
- Present your findings- Let us look at the results first. You need to highlight the significant points that will be found in your study. You can present some of these points in an organized manner.
- Discuss the implications of your findings- The real power of your research lies in bringing forward new knowledge that will change the whole world.
Ways of Making Your Dissertation Introduction Standout
In this article, we will take you through some more tricks on how you can make your introduction stand out. These tips will enable you to capture the attention of your readers. You may be in a hurry to commence the writing process, yet, you still feel like making an appearance in the introduction part.
Here is what to do.
- Get a catchy intro- its is essential to realize that your reader will not read any other dissertation introduction than this one. You need to make your work attractive to capture their attention. Here, you can try using a catchy sound or a short phrase in your work.
- Create a fitting conclusion- we are making the mistake of thinking that the best part of your paper is its conclusion. This statement only understates the importance of the dissertation. In this section, you need to clearly state the reason of writing the report.
- Proofread and edit – your dissertation introduction will either sell you short or make you look bad in the eyes of your supervisors. Therefore, whenever you are through with writing your paper, please ensure that you proofread and edit your papers. However, you can always rely on your tutor’s guidance whenever you feel like getting in touch with the thesis statement.
These tips will enable you to make your introduction to become the talk of your dissertation. Keep practicing, and you will surely realize success.